Sunday 15 January 2017

Molding and Casting

Once I get started, I believe molding and casting will become necessary in order to mass produce the parts required for the games I want to play in a timely fashion. Based on some of the preliminary research I've done, here is a list of materials I would require:


  • Two part silicone: Mold Max 20
  • Mold release: Ease Release 200
  • Urethane Casting Resin: Smooth Cast 300
  • Primer: Dupli-Color general purpose sandable scratch filler & primer
  • Putty: Bondo Glazing and Spot Putty
  • Cold Casting: Iron Powder

I've already sourced out a supplier in Toronto which, so far, appears to have everything I'm looking for. I've also found a fanstic prop making youtube channel which will no doubt be an invaluable resource: Punished Props

No comments:

Post a Comment