Sunday 8 January 2017

Learning Blender

Started working with Blender today and made some pretty significant progress; it certainly helps that I have 3D modeled in the past. I manage to find a pretty incredible tutorial on YouTube and have been plowing through it. All this in the hopes of familiarizing myself enough with the program that I might be able to start modeling my own miniatures in as little as a week or two.

On a side note, I've decided against 3D printing the game board. For starters, it'll give leave me with a lot more time to print actual game pieces, such as monsters, players, furniture etc, i'll have a working game sooner, as well as I actually modeled a rough board and encountered a fatal design flaw which would require a lot more designing and I wasn't particularly eager to commit so early on in the project.


I should have another update on Blender in a few days - my next post will most likely be about molding / casting, as I'd like to have a reference to some of the materials required and sources I've come accross.

High and low poly progress:

No comments:

Post a Comment